Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky recently announced our public policy priorities for 2023 at the state and federal levels. You can read through them below.
- Lead: Prohibiting Corporal Punishment in the schools
- Support: Child abuse and neglect education in schools
- Support: Addressing agencies have a chain of command for child abuse and neglect reports
- Support: Ensure appropriate reporting of child abuse and neglect across reporting agencies when an alleged perpetrator is an employee
- Support: Address Statute of Limitations related to sexual assault
- Support: Efforts to increase child care, family supports, etc.
- Child Abuse Prevention Treatment Act (CAPTA) increase
- Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) increase
- The Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder (FASD) Respect Act (S. 2238 and H.R. 4151)
- HR3788 (VA Child Care Protection Act)
- Advocate for strengthening charitable giving incentives by expanding an “above-the-line”/universal deduction of 1/3 of the standard deduction
- Protecting our Student in Schools Act of 2020 Ending Corporal Punishment in Schools Act of 2019
- Promote PCAK policy statement regarding tech companies “going dark” on technology relating to graphic child images
If you would like to download a document with our public policy priorities, you can do that on our digital downloads page.