As parents and caregivers, the people we bring into our lives impact not only us, but our children as well. There are several things to consider when introducing a new friend, love interest, coach, or child care provider into our children’s lives! Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky offers advice and guidance in the following graphics.
Click on the numbers below to learn more.
Children need accurate, age-appropriate information about child sexual abuse and confidence that adults they know will support them. Clear communication is part of effective prevention.
If you’re looking for more resources on preventing child sexual abuse, check out the following:
- Online Internet Safety Training (take at your own leisure), featured KSP Electronic Crime Branch expert
- Internet Safety Toolkit
- Online assessment geared towards organizations looking to decrease risk of child sexual abuse within their organization
- Child Sexual Abuse Risk Reduction Protocol for Youth-Serving Organizations manual for organizations looking to decrease risks of child sexual abuse
- Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky, with funding from Traditional Bank and Berea College Appalachian Fund, is providing FREE background checks for Kentucky caregivers seeking babysitters or nannies.
- Help us raise awareness by downloading and printing the “Are They Good For Your Kids?” postcards. Request an order of these postcards by filling out the information requested here.