The Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky staff has been hard at work recently developing resources covering several topics to make available to our partners and supporters across the state.
We recently added nine resources to our Information and Data Center, many of which are available to the public on our digital downloads page.
The new materials are below:
- “How are Families Impacted by Shift Work?” Brochure
- “Understanding Abusive Head Trauma” postcard
- “Why is My Child Acting Out?” Brochure
- “10 Things You Can Do to Prevent Child Abuse” Tip Sheet
- “Being a Male Role Model: How Can I Improve Outcomes for My Kids?” Tip Sheet
- “Trauma Informed Practice for Attorneys” Downloadable information sheet and training opportunity
- “What Should I Do? When A Child Talks About Child Sexual Abuse” Brochure
In preparation for Child Abuse Prevention Month, we also want to highlight some resources we think will be great assets to organizations throughout April. You can also find them on our digital downloads page.
- “How to Prevent Childhood Drowning” Tip Sheet (available in English and Spanish)
- “Safety and Awareness for Every BODY” Tip Sheet (available in English and Spanish)
- Warm Fuzzies (available in English and Spanish)
- “Effective Fatherhood Engagement” Tip Sheet
- “Parenting Over 50” Tip Sheet
- Prevention Pal Tip Sheet (available in English and Spanish)
- Prevention Pal Stickers (available in English and Spanish)
- “My Body When” Tip Sheets (available in English and Spanish)
- Baby-Age two
- Two-Five Years Old
- Five-Eight Years Old
- Nine-Twelve Years Old
- Home Safety Checklist (available in English and Spanish)
We also released resources made specifically for first responders at the scene of investigations involving children.
- Responsibilities of First Responders at the Scene of a Child Fatality or Near Fatality – Extended Guidance
- Child Fatality/Near Fatality Checklist
For more information, or to order checklists and booklets, free of charge, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the first responders checklist and booklet release, PCAK also created an educational video, which can be viewed here.