One area in which PCAK tries to advance our mission is through contact, communication and action with our elected and appointed officials. Click here to view our public policy priorities for FY 2021. We invite you to join us through your active participation in shaping public policy. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Go to http://www.lrc.ky.gov/ for the most current information on your elected officials and the proceedings in Frankfort. Of particular interest to our mission are the Health & Welfare, Judiciary, Appropriations & Revenue and Education committee meetings.
- Schedule a time to meet with your local, state or federal elected officials. Let us know how we can help prepare you for your meeting. You elected folks to office and they want to hear from you!
- Are you active on social media? Please “follow” and “like” us (https://www.facebook.com/PCAKY,https://twitter.com/pcaky, https://www.instagram.com/preventchildabuseky/ ) and repost and share our information. Have ideas for how to engage others? Let us know!
- Are you a blogger, or do you know someone who is? Please share our information. Need additional information you cannot find on our website? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you whatever you need.
- Letters to the Editor have not gone out of style – share your thoughts with others. If you don’t know how to contact your local newspaper, let us know and we’ll point you in the right direction.